A room-change period and consolidation process will take place during the third week of the semester. Room changes are subject to the following policies:
- A Contract Change form must be completed through the Self-Service portal.
- If you initiate the room change, you will be required to move.
- Unless the living environment as deemed by SXU Staff to not be conducive to academic success, or the environment poses a threat to a students’ well-being, each student will be allowed to change rooms only once during the academic year.
- In the event a conflict cannot be resolved and the situation compromises an individual(s) or the community’s safety and/or becomes a disruption to the community, the director of Residence Life has the authority to require an administrative move for all parties involved.
- In the event a conflict cannot be resolved and the situation is not an immediate threat and/or disruption to the individual(s) and/or community, and administrative hearing will be conducted to determine which parties will make a room change.
- If you move to a space with different rates, your charges for the semester will be adjusted to reflect the length of time spent in each assigned space.
Mid-Year Room Changes
The mid-year room change process is announced at the end of November. The resident must complete a Contract Change form through the Self-Service portal before the semester break. The resident must completely vacate the current space before leaving at the end of the semester.