Alcohol Policy for University Apartments
- Students and guests are subject to Illinois State Law, which
prohibits the sale, possession and consumption of alcoholic
beverages by any person under the age of 21.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be transported or consumed in
open view in public or common areas (including, but not limited
to, porches, landings and yard space outside).
- Alcohol in excess as determined by the dean of students,
staff and/or the Office of Public Safety (including, but not
limited, to kegs of beer) are not allowed, at any time.
- Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed in the apartments by
students who are 21 years of age or older and in an atmosphere
that does not create significant noise or other
- No alcohol may be consumed in the presence of minors.
- Students must dispose of all alcohol present when asked.
- Possession of alcohol paraphernalia is prohibited and in
violation of state law. This includes, but is not limited to,
electronic alcohol signs, any empty alcohol containers, drinking
game supplies, including bottle and can collections or other
items deemed inappropriate by Residence Hall staff.