Students are allowed to decorate their room/apartment, with the understanding that no physical or permanent alterations may be made. All damages that result from the alterations will be billed to the student's account. When an individual student cannot be identified as responsible for the damages, damage costs are split between room/suitemates.
Room decorating guidelines:
- Furniture may not be moved from one room to another.
- Room furniture may be arranged in any reasonable manner.
- Lofting of beds is not permitted.
- There is no storage space available in University housing. The University does not provide storage for any room/apartment furniture. All extra personal items and boxes must be sent home.
- All items hung on the wall must be affixed with 3M products or rubber putty.
- Blinds or curtains have been hung in each room. Additional drapery of any kind is not permitted.
- Screens and/or window stops must remain in the windows at all times.
- Do not hang nametags or place stickers on your entrance door; use the message board adjacent to the room.
- Do not write on any of the walls with chalk or temporary or washable markers. Please do not affix stickers to any of the walls or ceiling.
- Absolutely no holes may be put in any wall of your room.
- Students living in on campus suite style rooms may not hang or tape anything to the walls finished with Zolitone. These are the walls with a speckled-paint finish surrounding the living room and bedroom windows.