The following regulations apply to student organization events:
- Events that have not been properly approved by the Office of Student Life are subject cancellation. Event approval requires a two-week advance notice via submission of an Event Permit form and any other request materials.
- At events where non-SXU guests are invited, all guests must be 18 years or older. IDs are to be checked by members of the sponsoring organization. The organization and the host students are responsible for the behaviors of their guests. The organization may request assistance from Public Safety.
- One guest is allowed per SXU student. Students are responsible for the actions of their guests.
- Catering for events must be provided by SXU Dining Services.
- Public Safety may be required to attend events at the discretion of the Office of Student Life. The sponsoring organization will be responsible for the costs incurred in utilizing Public Safety.
- No events may be hosted in University housing facilities, including Residence Hall Lounges, the Res Center or Starbucks without the written permission of the director of Residence Life.